Information on Employment, Volunteer Opportunities at Fort Benning
Thursday, January 31st, 2019
Army Community Service offers a variety of free employment and professional development classes and workshops. Here's an abbreviated list. You'll find much more at benning.armymwr.com.
Learn to capitalize on your volunteer time in How Giving Back Pays Off, a free class offered by Army Community Service from 9am to 2pm Feb. 2 at ACS headquarters in Building 7 on Baltzell Avenue. Use your volunteer experience to enhance your resume, your college application, and your career. To reserve your spot, email Jessica.email@example.com.
In conjunction with the class, ACS will host a Volunteer Fair, from 10am to 2pm, also at ACS headquarters. Plan to interview with local companies and organizations who can give you the volunteer experience you need to succeed. For more information, call 706-545-3016.
ACS will also offer the following free classes in February:
* Enhancing Employment Opportunities with Social Media, from 9am-noon February 7. To register, call 706-545-4043.
* Smart Car Buying will help you learn the true cost of ownership, the fair price of a vehicle, how to pre-finance, tips on trade-ins, and more. This class is 1-2:30pm February 7. To register, call 706-545-7517.
* Job Strategy Workshop from 9am-noon February 12. To register, call 706-545-4043.
* 10 Steps to a Federal Job from 9am-4pm February 26. Participants receive a free copy of the Job Seeker's Guide, a value of $19.To register, call 706-545-4043.
* Interview Skills Workshop from 9am-noon February 28. To register, call 706-545-4043.
The Employment Readiness Program hosts free classes for military spouses each month at neighborhood event rooms. You may attend any and all of these classes in any village. These classes include information on the job search, resume development, scholarships and education goals. The next class is 6-8pm February 27 at the Patton Village Event Room. To register, call 706-545-4043.