Up Next for Fort Benning Spring 2019
Thursday, March 21st, 2019
The Middle School & Teen Program will host a Spring Break Paintball Camp from 7am to noon March 25-29 for ages of 11 and 18. The cost is based upon family income. Register at Parent Central, Building 104. For more information, call 706-545-3540.
CYS will host Spring Break Sports Camps March 25-29. Register March by March 22 at Parent Central for the following options. For more information, call 706-545-2079.
- Golf for ages 7-17. The cost is $125
- Field Hockey for girls ages 5-11. The cost is $45.
- Basketball for ages 8-13. The cost is $35.
- Flag Football for ages 5-13. The cost is $30.
Register your children for Spring Break Camp from 5:30am-6:30pm March 25-29 at the School Age Center. The “It’s Alive, Get Wild” themed camp includes activities designed to teach participants about animals, games, art lessons and field trips to Oxbow Meadows, the Coca Cola Space Science Center and the Macon Museum of Arts and Science. The cost depends on family income. Register by March 25 at Parent Central. For more information, call 706-545-2079.
Spring cleaning? The Fort Benning Flea Market returns March 30, from 8am to 2pm on Stillwell Field across from the Post Office on Main Post. Vendors may reserve a 10’x10’ space for $15 or a 10’x20’ for $25. Tables are available for $8 and chairs for $1. This event is held the same day as the post-wide yard sale, it is open to the public, and there is no fee for admission. Expect thousands of shoppers from across the Chattahoochee Valley. Register online at benning.armymwr.com.
Register you student (grades 6 -12) for Middle School & Teen summer camp today at Parent Central. For more information, call 706-545-2079. Summer camps are 7am-noon May 24 – August 9, with structured activities from 9am-noon, followed by lunch. (MS&T members can stay on site until 6:30pm. For details, call 706-545-2079.) The cost is determined by family income. Field trips require a separate fee. (Note: Summer camp participants do not have to be MS&T members.) Camps include:
- Boot Camp May 28-30, with optional field trip May 31 to Ilovekickboxing and the YMCA.
- Science/Space Camp June 3-6 and June 9-12, with an optional field trip to the Fernbank Science Center in Atlanta.
- Fishing Camp June 3-6, with an optional field trip to the Go Fish Education Center.
- Swim Camp June 10-14 and June 17-20 at the YMCA in Columbus, with an optional field trip June 21 to Six Flags White Waters.
- Paintball Camp June 10-14, with an optional field trip to Six Flags White Waters.
- Cosmetology Camp June 17-20, with a field trip to the River Town School of Beauty. Lights, Camera, Action June 24-27, with an optional field trip June 28 to Atlanta Movie Tours..
- DJ Camp June 24-27, with an optional field trip June 28 to Atlanta Movie Tours.
- Kitchen Krashers July 1-3, with an optional field trip July 5 to watch a movie in Columbus.
- Survival Camp July 8-11, with an optional field trip to a fire station and Uchee Creek.
- Arts & Crafts Camp July 8-11, with an optional field trip to the High Museum in Atlanta.
- Sports & Fitness Camp July 15-18, with an optional field trip July 19 to Six Flags.
- Technology Camp July 15-18, with an optional field trip to Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile.
- Reality Check: Money Matters is July 22-25, with an optional field trip to Six Flags.
- Construction Camp July 22-25, with an optional field trip to Six Flags.
- Adventure Camp July 29-August 1. This camp is packed with adventure.
Thursdays on April, bowl from 6 to 10pm for $1 per game and $1 for shoe rental at the Family Entertainment Center and the Mall Bowling Center. And Sundays are Fundays; bowl as long as you like for only $12 per person from 1 to 8pm!
Register your child for Bengals Tackle Football or Cheerleading by July 31 at Parent Central (706-545-2079.) Football is open for ages 7-13, and cheering is open for ages 6-13. Participants will practice on post and play in the surrounding communities. The cost is $100 for the August-December season. For more information, call 706-545-1853.
Register your children for the following golf clinics April 1-5 at Parent Central. Space is limited. For more information, call 706-545-2079.
- Developmental Golf for ages 3 and 4. Class is twice weekly April 8-24. The cost is $25.
- Skill Building Golf for ages 5 and 6. Class is held twice weekly April 9-25. The cost is $25.
Tickets & Travel will host the annual Travel Extravaganza from 10am to 1pm April 8 at Soldier for Life Center inside the Commissary mall. Meet with representatives of entertainment venues and popular attractions from all around the world! Enjoy refreshments, great prizes, and lots of giveaways. This event is free and open to the public. Vendors will include Medieval Times, Universal Studios and many more! MWR Tickets & Travel is located at 9230 Marne Road inside the Commissary Mall. We offer travel, vacation and cruise packages for all budgets and adventure needs. For more information, call 706-626-7644.
Russ Park is the only fishing spot on Fort Benning off limits to those 16 and older, but we make an exception during our popular Family Fishing Night, when we encourage parents to help the younger anglers reel ‘em in. Join us from 6-8pm April 16 for this fabulous free event. Bring your own pole or reserve one through Outdoor Recreation when you reserve your spot at Family Fishing Night. Call 706-545-7978.
Don’t wait another minute to schedule your vacation at Fort Benning’s resort in Destin, Florida. The private, gated Destin Army Recreation Area is less than five hours south of Fort Benning in the heart of Destin and on the bay, so we can offer you deep sea fishing or dolphin tours, or you can rent one of our pontoons, jet skis, kayaks and more. Take your RV or stay in one of our villas, suites or hotel rooms. Enjoy the new pool and splash park. Don’t wait! This popular facility fills up fast. Call 850-837-6423 today. For more information and to view photos, go to benning.armymwr.com.
MWR’s outdoor pools, Breezeway and Carey, open Memorial Day holiday weekend. Admission starts at $3 per person, and season passes are available.
- Breezeway open swim hours are 1-8pm Wednesday-Sunday. Food and drinks will be permitted and the Breezeway. We host pick-up volleyball from 6-8pm Thursdays beginning May 30. There will be a tournament at the end of the season. Breezeway guests are not required to pay an admission fee if they are playing volleyball and not swimming.
- Carey Pool will be open 6:30-9am and 11am-1pm weekdays for mission training and lap swim.
Recreational swim is open from 1-8pm Monday, Tuesday and Friday and 9am-6pm weekends and holidays. Admission starts at $3. Lap swim only be available from 6:30am-1pm August 19-September; recreational swim will be open 9am-6pm weekends and holidays.
Bring your pool floats! Breezeway and Carey pools will host a Float Fun for the whole family from 1-8pm every Saturday at Breezeway and every Friday at Carey. The high dive will be open during this time. Admission is $5.
We offer four summer swim lesson sessions for MWR patrons between 6 months and 17 years old at the Breezeway Pool. To register, call 706-545-2079.
Session 1: June 3-14
Session 2: June 17-28
Session 3: July 8-19
Session 4: July 22- August 2
We employ lifeguards all summer long at our outdoor pools. MWR offers Lifeguard Training to our patrons 15 and older. The four-day classes are 9am-5pm and cost $175. Students must pass a swimming assessment prior to training. To register, call 706-545-1400. Dates are March 25-28 and April 13, 14, 20 and 21.
For your summer planning purposes, here's a reminder that Fort Benning’s Outdoor Recreation Equipment Resource Center on Gillespie Street rents ladders, tables and chairs, grills, inflatable bounce houses, trucks and buses, catering dishes, games, lawn equipment, canopies, tents, sound systems and so much more. Give them a call today at 706-545-7978 or check out the selection at benning.armymwr.com.