Woodall GNETS Program Receives 100% Success Rating
Monday, August 19th, 2019
The Woodall GNETS Program was recently recognized by the Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) for successfully implementing 100 percent of its strategic plan components.
The review was conducted on-site by the GNETS state program manager in accordance with the end of year strategic plan compliance reviews assessed by GaDOE. Samples of evidence were required for the following components:
1. Program Leadership- Activities that support the implementation of the strategic plan initiatives.
2. Behavior and Therapeutic Supports- Activities and documentation that supports students’ participation in social-emotional/behavioral supports that meet their needs.
3. Instruction and Academic Supports- Lessons and activities to support students’ access to standards and skills-based instruction as well as data to monitor proficiency and growth.
4. Program Funding and Fiscal Management- Documentation of procurement procedures and fiscal management of GNETS grant funds.
5. Integration and Capacity Building-Documentation of activities of collaboration with external stakeholders to ensure opportunities for students to receive services and supports in the least restrictive environment.
6. Accountability- Documentation or activities to support stakeholders’ engagement in the expectations and outcomes of the strategic plan ratings and areas for improvement.
7. Facilities- Documentation of ongoing communication with key stakeholders to advocate for and maintain safe and healthful facilities for students.
8. Overall success with implementing components of the strategic plan:
The sum of the ratings was divided by the maximum score that could be earned from each section of the plan to generate an overall percent.
a. Below 70%: Limited success with evidence of implementation
b. Between 70%-79%: Good success with evidence of implementation
c. 80% and above: Great success with evidence of implementation