SEARCH - Special Evaluation Assistance for Rural Communities and Households in Georgia Available
Friday, September 24th, 2021
This program helps very small, financially distressed rural communities with predevelopment feasibility studies, design and technical assistance on proposed water and waste disposal projects.
Who may apply?
- Most state and local governmental entities
- Federally recognized tribes
What is an eligible area?
Areas to be served must be rural and financially distressed:
- Rural areas with a population of 2,500 or less
- Have a median household income below the poverty line or less than 80 percent of the statewide non-metropolitan median household income based on latest Census data.
How may the funds be used?
To pay predevelopment planning costs, including:
- Feasibility studies to support applications for funding water or waste disposal projects
- Preliminary design and engineering analysis
- Technical assistance for the development of an application for financial assistance
Rural Development Georgia Community Programs Division: (706) 546-2171
- Jack Stanek, Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dawn Pilgrim, Specialist email@example.com
- Hope Williams, Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org